About Dr. Jess D. Schwartz
Dr. Schwartz is a board-certified thoracic surgeon with extensive specialty training in minimally invasive techniques including robotic and video assisted thoracic surgery. Before joining Northside, Dr. Schwartz spent the last 15 years in Albuquerque
and in 2016 performed the very first successful robot-assisted lobectomy for lung cancer in the state of New Mexico.
Having trained at both NYU and Harvard’s Brigham and Women’s Hospital in thoracic surgery, Dr. Schwartz is well respected in his field and has authored over 20 peer-reviewed articles that have been featured in The Annals of Thoracic Surgery
and Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. Additionally, during his time in New Mexico Dr. Schwartz was recognized by his peers for 12 years and also featured by their selection in “Albuquerque the Magazine” as a “top doctor”
in Thoracic Surgery.
Dr. Schwartz is dedicated to a patient-centered approach and strives to care for each patient as if they were a member of his own family. This philosophy stems from losing his mother to cancer at a young age as a teenager. As a surgeon, Dr. Schwartz feels
privileged that he can be there to comfort and touch the lives of his patients and their families.
Dr. Schwartz practices out of our Gwinnett and Suwanee/Johns Creek offices.
Education & Training
- Undergraduate Education, Washington University in St. Louis, Bachelor of Arts with University Honors, Majors in Mathematics and Biology.
- Medical Education, New York University School of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine (MD) awarded.
- Internship and Residency in General Surgery, New York University Medical Center.
- Residency in Cardiothoracic Surgery, New York University Medical Center.
- Fellowship in Cardiac and Thoracic Transplantation, Vanderbilt University.
- Fellowship in Thoracic Surgical Oncology, Harvard University, Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
Certifications & Affiliations
- Board Certified: American Board of Surgery
- Board Certified: American Board of Thoracic Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Chest Physicians
- Member, Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- Member, Western Thoracic Surgical Association
- Member, International Thymic Malignancy Interest Group
- Member, General Thoracic Surgical Club
- Robotic thoracic surgery
- Robotic lung surgery
- Robotic esophageal surgery
- Robotic thymic surgery
- Navigational and Robotic Bronchoscopy
- Lung cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Chest wall tumors
- Pulmonary metastases
- Pleural infections/empyema
- Benign esophageal disorders
- Spontaneous pneumothorax
Northside Provider Directory Details
View Dr. Jess D. Schwartz's profile in the Northside Hospital Physician Directory
Ready for an Appointment?
To make an appointment with Dr. Schwartz or to refer a patient patient (Press 4 for Dr. Schwartz’s Staff) call: